To make an app’s UI alive, we use animations. Most want to see the result or example of an animation widget or library. That’s why I create this Flutter repository in hope to showcase built-in animation widgets and some popular libraries.
In case of 3rd-party libraries, I mostly use the examples on their official page.
- Slide From Edge
- Slide From Left To Right
- Accordion – Create expandable/collapsible effect.
- Stacked Menu – Actually I don’t know how to call this affect. It comes from this example. When hamburger menu is clicked, it moves the main page to the right as half ratio to reveal the main menu.
- Morning in the city – This consists of lots of animations to demonstrate Staggered animation.
- Flip Card: Create a flip card to show front and rear content with AnimatedSwitcher and AnimatedBuilder widgets.
I composed a list of useful animation libraries for Flutter here.
- animated_widgets: These widgets are easier to use than the built-in ones. Animations can be chained.
- liquid_swipe: A cool animation for switching pages. I use the example on this page.
- simple_animations: Lots of cool animation can be done easily using this library. The maintainer’s examples are cool, so I just copy them to the app.
- path_morph: Simple arrow paths switching.
- drawing_animation: Animate SVG file drawing.