Drupal is an open source PHP Content Management System widely used for develop dynamic websites. It’s made by a dedicated community.
Tutorials and Courses
There are varied ways for you to learn Drupal. You can browse some useful websites which offer free blogs about it, or you can watch videos on YouTube. But if you are looking for a convenient way to learn Drupal, a highly recommended easiest way is to avail of some paid tutorials and courses that will give you a step-by-step guide in learning it. Cut the frustration on some complicated ways in learning it, switch to some tutorials and courses that are worth your money!
- Introduction to Drupal – This offers all topics about learning Drupal. You will learn here what Drupal is and how to use it. Basically, this course will work well to those beginners who are not familiar yet with Drupal. If you are looking for reasons why you should learn Drupal, then this training course will give you tons of reasons.
- Studyopedia Drupal Tutorial – This is step by step guide to learn about Drupal 8. step-by-step lessons are providing covering topics, which will help you in preparing a dynamic website. If you aren’t a programmer, this list is also useful.
- Drupal 8 Basics – 22 videos about Drupal 8’s basic features.
- Learning Drupal 8 – This course is designed for the absolute beginner, meaning no experience with Drupal is required. Once you have completed this training course, you will be fully capable of installing, building, deploying, and maintaining your own customized Drupal websites
You can use any text/code editor to develop modules and themes for Drupal. The following has built-in supports or great extensions for Drupal:
- PhpStorm – PhpStorm is perfect for working with Drupal with all the PHP tools.
- Codelobster + Drupal – The Drupal plug-in turns a Drupal editor into a full-fledged Drupal IDE!
- Drupal Site Scaffolder – Easily start a new Drupal 7 / 8 project with main modules built over composer.
- Drupal-Scaffold – This is a boilerplate Drupal 8 build that bundles some standard tools to make it a good starting point for an enterprise scale Drupal build.
- drupaltools.github.io – A list of popular open source and free tools that can help people accomplish Drupal related tasks.
- generator-angular-drupal – Scaffold a AngularJS app, to make headless with Drupal Backend.
- generator-marionette-drupal – This generator create a HTML 5 application using a MVC pattern implemented with MarionetteJS and Backbone.Drupal for data model.
- DrupalVM Generator – This is a Yeoman generator for quickly spawning configured VMs or new projects using DrupalVM by Jeff Geerling.
Best Drupal Themes
- Porto – Porto is a professional and multipurpose Drupal theme for any business or portfolio website. It’s fully responsive design ready to look stunning on any device.
- EM – EM is a premium Drupal and Thunder theme with an outstanding design with impressive features that will perfectly suit any blog, magazine, or any other publishing website.
- Martis – Martis is an Ecommerce theme using Drupal commerce. It features advance product attribute variations with different product types, Product reviews, product attributes, cart and all you need for your next online commerce shop.
- Bootstrap Mint – Bootstrap Mint is a fully Responsive, mobile-first Drupal 8 theme built on the Bootstrap 3.x Framework.
- Zymphonies – Drupal8 Zymphonies Theme is the first Zymphonies Drupal 8 free responsive theme which has many new features. it offer flexible blocks.
- Marinelli – The theme s a 3 column, tableless layout theme with a wide image banner and a “top-tabbed” primary-links system.
- Flexi Cart – This a Drupal Commerce Mobile first Theme. It is the best way for you to display and sell your products.
- Skeleton – It is a free responsive Drupal theme, built upon the Skeleton Boilerplate. It has been inspired by the excellent Skeleton WordPress theme.
- Drupal8 W3CSS – Drupal8 W3CSS Theme is the first Drupal 8 theme that uses the w3.css framework. When building this theme, I focused on ease of use and a fast load time.
- MAYO – MAYO is developed based on the experience with PIXTURE theme. However, it takes full advantage of Drupal 7’s color module and advanced theme settings. MAYO is simple but flexible.
Best Drupal Plugins
- Webform – Webform is the module for making forms and surveys in Drupal.
- Display Suite – Display Suite allows you to take full control over how your content is displayed using a drag and drop interface. Arrange your nodes, views, comments, user data etc.
- GraphQL – With this Drupal 8 GraphQL module you can expose Drupal entities to your GraphQL client applications.
- Paragraphs – Paragraphs is the new way of content creation! It allows you — Site Builders — to make things cleaner so that you can give more editing power to your end-users.
- Rabbit Hole – Rabbit Hole is a module that adds the ability to control what should happen when an entity is being viewed at its own page.
- Field Group – Fieldgroup will, as the name implies, group fields together. All fieldable entities will have the possibility to add groups to wrap their fields together. Fieldgroup comes with default HTML wrappers like vertical tabs, horizontal tabs, accordions, fieldsets or div wrappers.
- Pathauto – It automatically generates URL/path aliases for various kinds of content (nodes, taxonomy terms, users) without requiring the user to manually specify the path alias.
- MMenu – This module integrates the mmenu jQuery plugin with Drupal’s menu system with the aim of having an off-canvas mobile menu and a horizontal menu at wider widths.
- AdvAgg – AdvAgg allows you to improve the frontend performance of your site.
- Twig Tweak – Twig Tweak is a small module which provides a Twig extension with some useful functions and filters that can improve development experience.
- Coffee – It helps you to navigate through the Drupal admin faster.
- Adminimal Admin Toolbar – This module provides a minimalist style to Admin Toolbar for Drupal 8.