Godot Engine is completely free and open-source game engine for making both 2D and 3D games. It consist of a huge set of common tools which help you focus on making your game without reinventing the wheel.
Godot Engine scripting supports:
- GDScript – A Python-like scripting language.
- C# / C++
- Visual Scripting – Games can be made using blocks and connects in UI.
- Other langues: Python, Nim, D and other languages.
Tutorials and Courses
- Docs – This official documentation will run you through Godot’s interface, basics of a game project’s structure, including scenes, instance, scripting, and making your first game.
- Godot Game Engine Tutorial Series from Gamefromscratch – Make your first 2D game with scene, tileset, sound, animation, camera, and more.
- Godot Getaway – Users will learn intermediate Godot techniques in a single, large project rather than a bunch of smaller ones. The project is an online multiplayer car game in a procedurally generated 3D city.
- Godot 3 Complete Developer Course – 2D and 3D – In this course you will learn how to develop games using Godot, starting by learning how to use the language and keeping moving on until exporting and publishing a complete games. This course is based on projects, this way you won’t just learn how to use the functionalities provided to us by Godot, but also apply them on complete games.
- Android Game Development with Godot Engine – Create 5 Games! – In this course, you will learn Godot by cloning 5 famous games – Super Mario, Flappy Bird, Timberman, Fruit Ninja, and Hand Spinner.
- Improving 2D Space Shooter – This tutorial is about refactoring an old version of Space Shooter game to use in Godot 3.2
- Godot_towerDefence – Source code of a tower defense game.
- Make a 3D RTS – You can code the mechanic of a 3D real time strategy game.
- Build UI Isometric Tower Defense – Make isometric graphic, including enemies, tower, background.
- Pathfinding on a TileMap with Navigation2D – Pathfinding is an important part in a game. Watching this video will help you make enemies move around in the area you define.