Laravel is a popular PHP framework that makes developing apps and websites easier, as well as faster. The Laravel platform is based on the Symfony framework and follows the MVC architectural pattern.
Laravel tutorials and online courses
The following list contains what we think are the top five websites to learn Laravel.
- laracast.com’s Laravel 5.7 From Scratch – There are over six hours of video content dedicated to Laravel. This course has been teaching people about Laravel since 2013 and its popularity has grown year by year. What separates them from their competitors that they regularly re-record their videos so that they stay current.
- eloquentbyxample.com– The course is split into 14 lessons, each takes from 10 to 15 minutes to be completed. The content is pretty straightforward and comprehensible. Once you are done with the lessons and you will be able to use Artisan tools to build new applications from scratch.
- cloudways.com – The Ultimate Laravel Guide for Beginners & Experienced – Cloud Ways guides you through the world of Laravel with simple, yet on-point online tutorials on everything Laravel. What separates it from other similar websites is that once you get the basics, you can find all sorts of advanced tutorials and projects that can be used to create a portfolio.
- tutsmake.com – Recent Laravel 6 Tutorial From Scratch Step By Step – Absolute beginners with zero understanding of Laravel will find this course extremely helpful and easy to follow. There is an installation guide for both ubuntu and windows users. Furthermore, the course contains tutorials on how to build Laravel applications, as well as Laravel pagination, Laravel email verification, Laravel, Crud, and so on.
- Udemy.com – PHP with Laravel for Beginners – The course is designed for beginners, but it gets you fast from beginner to working on real-life projects. There are over 32 hours of video content spread in 336 lectures. During this course, the user gets to work on several CMS apps. By the end of the course, not only the user will have made its portfolio of apps, but it will have a certification of completion.
- Laravel Generator – generate CRUD, Reposity, Requests, Migrations, APIs, Test Cases and Swagger Documentation.
- CRUD Booster – Create a web backend, admin, web apps with a Laravel is never been easy.
- crud-generator – This Generator package provides various generators like CRUD, API, Controller, Model, Migration, View for your painless development of your applications.
Admin Panel & Dashboard
- Vuexy – Vuexy – Vuejs + HTML Admin Dashboard Template – is the most developer friendly & highly customisable VueJS + HTML Admin Dashboard Template based on Vue CLI, Vuex & Vuexy component framework.
- Orbiter – Orbiter is minimal and clean Bootstrap Admin Template. It is built with latest Bootstrap version & latest Laravel version keeping flexibility in mind.
- Craftable – Craftable is a Laravel-based open-source toolkit for building administration interfaces, ships with powerful CRUD generator to speed up the development of your CMS, CRM or other back-office system.
- Voyager – Voyager is a Laravel Admin Package that includes BREAD(CRUD) operations, a media manager, menu builder, and much more.
- LaraAdmin – A Simple and Fast way to built Admin Panel
- in Laravel as well as a CRM.
- Z-song / Laravel-admin – This is administrative interface builder for laravel which can help you build CRUD backends just with few lines of code.
- Backpack for Laravel – To create a management page (aka CRUD), you create a CrudController. In there, configure or overwrite whatever you want. Load our views, or create your own.
- QuickAdminPanel – It can generate DB models, fresh CRUD adminpanel and API for you.
Popular Laravel CMS
- Lavalite – Lavalites helps you to quickly set up a content management system or a cloud-based application based on Laravel with its package builder and marketplace.
- Statamic – Statamic is capable of workflows and content models that are impossible on other platforms.
- October – October is a free, open-source, self-hosted CMS platform based on the Laravel PHP Framework. October CMS isn’t bloated with features that you don’t need.
- PyroCMS – Build better Laravel websites and applications faster with Pyro.
- Coaster – Coaster was designed to be flexible, users can easily manage apparently complex website features with ease.
- TypiCMS – TypiCMS is a modular multilingual content management system built with Laravel 6. Out of the box you can manage pages, events, news, places, menus, translations, etc.
- Spatie – This package is the topmone when it comes to manage user permissions and roles in a database.
- Entrust – Entrust is a succinct and flexible way to add Role-based Permissions to Laravel 5.
- Laravel Debugbar – This is a package to integrate PHP Debug Bar with Laravel. It includes a ServiceProvider to register the debugbar and attach it to the output.
- Laravel Backup – The package creates a backup of your application. The backup is a zip file that contains all files in the directories you specify along with a dump of your database
- No Captcha – Add Google reCaptcha to your app.
- SEOTools – SEOTools is a package for Laravel 5.8+ and Lumen that provides helpers for some common SEO techniques.
- 3 Best Laravel Sitemap Generator Libraries
Sitemap in a Laravel application is very useful for SEO. An app's owner can submit his app's sitemap to Google webmaster, Bing webmaster to enhance SEO. Fortunately, there are many...
- 3 Best Laravel Role and Permission Packages
If you are trying to figure out which package is best to use with Laravel for user roles and permissions, here are the best two for you. Spatie's Laravel-Permission Spatie's Laravel-Permission...
- Add Faker to Laravel for Dummy Data
When it comes to generating dummy data for PHP application, Faker is the most well-known library. It can be used to generate any types of data, from a number, human's...
- How to change timezone in Laravel
Any developers should modify timezone of a Laravel application depends on where their apps start business in. In a Laravel app, there is a setting called timezone in config/app.php file....
- Laravel: Specified key was too long error
For older version of Laravel 5 and MySQL/MaraDb , you will encounter this error when running a migration code. [Illuminate\Database\QueryException] SQLSTATE: Syntax error or access violation: 1071 Specified key was...
- How to get latest record of database table in Laravel?
There are many cases where we need to get only last record of table in our project. We can retrieve the latest record of a table using latest() or orderBy()...
- Get latest inserted Id in Laravel
After inserting data to table, we need to retrieve that row's id for upcoming tasks like sending a JSON response or inserting more data to other tables which is related...
- Secure .env File in Laravel
In the root of any Laravel folder there should be .env file which contains various settings, in KEY=VALUE pair format. This file is important because it contains different environments' definitions...
- How to Check Laravel Version
It is inevitable that developer forgets about the version of a project they worked on the past. And in Laravel's case, this information is hidden quite deep. How to check...