Phaser is a free open source 2D game framework for making HTML5 games for desktop and mobile. The engine uses both a Canvas and WebGL renderer internally and swaps automatically between them based on browser support.
To port games to iOS, Android and native desktop apps, you need 3rd party tools like Apache Cordova and phonegap.
Tutorials and Courses
- Getting Started – In this tutorial you will learn how to setup a development environment for Phaser, run a local web server, pick an IDE, get the latest version of Phaser and check it all works together.
- Lessmilk – This page contains tutorials about how to make a certain type of games using Phaser. It currently includes Flappy Bird clone, breakout, and 2D platformer.
- Codeandweb – This section is a list of tutorials covering Phaser 2 and 3 of which main focus is about sprites, sprite sheets, animations, game physics and light effects and optimization.
- Making HTML5 Games with Phaser 3 – By taking this course on Making HTML5 Games with Phaser 3, you’ll not only build 3 HTML5 games but also create a reusable game template to help you make your own game ideas come to life.
- Battleship – The mission of the game is to destroy all opponent war ships. the first who destroyed all opponent ships wins.
- Lucky Slot Machine – Lucky Slot Machine is a HTML5 Casino Slot game with 10 type of symbols. Put your bet, lines, and start spinning to try your lucky.
- Chess – This Chess game is a HTML5 board game made with Phaser 3.
- Connector – This is a puzzle game with the aim of the game is to fix all unconnected wires from energy source into a light bulb to turn it on.
- Reversi – Reversi is a strategy HTML5 board game for 2 players, you can play with your friend or versus bot/AI. Reversi is played on 8*8 board and the goal of game is to have pieces more than your opponent.
- Jumpy – Jumpy is an endless jumper Game Kit.