WordPress is the most popular free and open-source content management system written in PHP and paired with a MySQL or MariaDB database. At its core, WordPress is the simplest, most popular way to create your own website or blog. I
WordPress Tutorials and Courses
There are several ways for you to learn WordPress. You can look into plenty of videos on YouTube, blogs, and other guides available as a resource. If you are looking for the simplest way to learn this, then you may keep on scrolling for this post is for you.
- WordPress Codex – This is an official online manual from the developers of WordPress. It is a big resource that details every template tag and every function that WordPress uses.
- WP101 – This is considered as one of the best tutorial videos for learning WordPress beginners. This was created back in 2008 and has helped more or less two million users to learn about how to utilize WordPress. This video offers a series of courses and step-by-step videos which are very much comfortable to follow. This is suited for people who have a busy schedule because most of the videos can be viewed in three minutes.
- WP Apprentice – This provides a video that will help you learn WordPress in less than one hour. Rest assured that you’ll have your website up without consuming an hour. It also provides topics about eCommerce and SEO.
- LinkedIn Learning – An online training platform that offers a series of career-boosting courses divided into three: Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced learning WordPress. If you are looking for a good way for you to learn WordPress and further a career, then try this one.
- The Complete WordPress Website Business Course – learn to manage a WordPress site with this course, without learning how to code and without any programming! It covers most webmaster-oriented topics such as installation, managing posts/pages, working with important plugins, backup/restore, and many more.
- Hostinger’s tutorial – This post is a long tutorial about how to install WordPress on a hosting, manage content, optimize and secure your WordPress. It is simple but most necessary.
- Your Startup Guide to SEO – SEO is important. This tutorial covers all aspects of SEO so webmasters can understand and implement.
Best WordPress Visual Builder
All of the following tools offer drag-and-drop features to help webmasters quickly build pages.
- Elementor – Elementor comes with lots of widgets including most commonly used website elements from basic text widgets to advanced accordions, sliders. Elementor Pro empowers you with more professional tools that speed up your workflow, and allows you to get more conversions and sales.
- Beaver Builder – Beaver Builder is the WordPress page builder you can trust with your business. It is fast and comes with a built in onboarding tour.
- Divi – The tool comes with 20+ layouts and templates and 46 content modules for different kind of websites.
- DragDropr – DragDropr lets you create, edit and design the content for your website, webshop, or any other web content by simply dragging and dropping.
Best WordPress Themes
- PenNews – PenNews comes with multiple options via edit each element & theme options – that helps you to change any section of your site without touch to any code.
- KLEO – KLEO is a strong and stable BuddyPress theme with over 18K trusted clients. KLEO also integrates very nice with a vast majority of plugins making it easier for your to start your site right away.
- Astra – Astra is a fastest loading WordPress multi-purpose theme that can be used to build all kinds of websites. You can reduce website design time by using pixel perfect ready to use website demos from their library of starter templates.
- Ekko – With plentiful shortcodes to ease your workflow, Ekko is meant to simplify the website building experience.
- Mist – You can use Mist to build whatever you like that looks effortlessly on-point in Corporate, Business, Education, Agency, Sports, Magazine, Wedding, Restaurant, Attorney, Spa, Medical, Portfolio, Blog, Shop, Architect, Charity, University, Fashion, Band, App Showcase, Studio, Insurance, Nonprofit organization, Saloon, Bakery, Freelancer or Resume.
- Ultra – Ultra is another theme which offers flexible configurations: layout choices, multiple sidebars, custom widgets, social media integration, unlimited colors, and more.
- Latest – This theme is suitable for for ecommerce websites, blogs, businesses, and magazine websites.
- Flash – Flash is the easiest, most flexible, feature-rich and advanced free multipurpose WordPress theme.
- Biagiotti – Biagiotti is a truly stunning eCommerce theme we designed for all beauty websites and cosmetics shops.
- Neve – Neve’s a news theme which is mobile-first approach, compatibility with AMP and popular page-builders makes website building accessible for everyone.
- Flatsome – Flatsome is the most used and trusted theme for any kind of WooCommerce Project.
- Core – Core is an extremely powerful, fast, responsive and minimalist portfolio WordPress theme made for Creatives, Studios, Artists & Agencies.
- Ohio – The theme is a carefully crafted minimalist, gorgeous, versatile portfolio and creative showcase theme with sharp user experience you need to building a modern and functional website.
- Bellevue – Bellevue is a highly customizable hotel theme with its own page builder and plenty of color settings, more than one thousand icons, Bootstrap-based shortcodes, premium version of the WP Booking System and Master Slider Responsive Touch Swipe Slider plugins.
- KALLYAS – This theme can be customized to suit many website types. But it is the most suitable with hotel and photography in my opinion.
- Hotello – Hotello WordPress Theme is a responsive Hotel Booking WordPress theme targeted especially for hotel, chalet, resort, motel, hostel, bed and breakfast and apartment with all-in-one booking system within theme package.
- Metronic Admin Dashboard – Metronic is a frontend admin dashboard theme.
Best WordPress Plugins
- Yoast SEO – As Yoast’s mission is SEO for Everyone, the plugin’s users range from the bakery around the corner to some of the most popular sites on the planet.
- Wp Rocket – Speed up your WordPress website, more traffic, conversions and money with WP Rocket caching plugin.
- WooCommerce – When it comes to e-commerce on WordPress, we must count WooCommrece. It is a customizable, open-source eCommerce platform built on WordPress. Most online stores use this plugin to sell their products in WordPress platform.
- W3 Total Cache – W3 Total Cache (W3TC) improves the SEO and user experience of your site by increasing website performance and reducing load times by leveraging features like content delivery network (CDN) integration and the latest best practices.
- Jetpack – Jetpack is your site’s security detail, guarding you against brute-force attacks and unauthorized logins.
- Monarch – Monarch allows you to choose from more than 20 social sharing networks to display on your website to create a custom collection of sharing options for your visitors.
- AddThis – The Free WordPress Share Buttons Plugin from AddThis makes it easier than ever for your audience to spread your content around the web. Our quick-loading Share Buttons Plugin lets you connect to over 200 social channels including Messenger, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and many more.
- HubSpot – Capture, organize and engage web visitors with free forms, live chat, CRM (contact management), email marketing, and analytics.
- Google XML Sitemaps – Create special XML sitemaps which will help search engines like Google, Bing, Yahoo and Ask.com to better index your site.
- WP-Optimize – WP-Optimize is a revolutionary, all-in-one plugin that cleans your database, compresses your images and caches your site.
- Smush – Optimize your images turn on lazy load, resize, compress and improve your Google Page Speed.
- Bloom – Bloom is a Email Subscribers plugin which gives you all the tools you need to turn your website’s visitors into loyal followers and customers.
- WP Notification Bar Pro – WP Notification Bar is a custom notifications and alerts plugin for WordPress that displays a sleek message bar on your website. It can help you grow your email list, manage marketing promotions, increase your social media following or grow the audience for specific pages on your website.
- Broken Link Checker – This plugin will monitor your blog looking for broken links and let you know if any are found.
- Redirection – With it you can easily manage 301 redirections, keep track of 404 errors, and generally tidy up any loose ends your site may have.
- How to set featured image to a post automatically in WordPress
If you are finding a solution to set featured image automatically in WordPress, these following code lines will help you save several minutes. The action blow only supports setting featured...
- How to get data via AJAX in WordPress
Adding AJAX function to your WordPress like Loading more posts button will be more user friendly. Following are the simple way to call AJAX in a WordPress plugin. HTML When...
- WordPress Gutenberg and Tips
Creating and formatting content with WordPress has become easy with the introduction of Gutenberg. It is one of the best things for WordPress users. Users, specifically developers, no longer need...
- Display scripts and styles when a shortcode exists in WordPress
Using shortcode to display conditional data is a common approach in WordPress. When the plugin contains many script and style files, we need to include them only when a shortcode...
- WordPress Plugin Boilerplate
A collection of boilerplate for quickly building WordPress plugins. WordPress plugin structure This part contains basic file structure for placing WordPress plugin files. There is no working code in this...
- How to access WordPress functions in an external PHP file
To use any core functions of WordPress such as database query, theme, and hook we need to write code in a theme's template file or in a plugin. There are...
There are many cases you need to insert some lines of code into header or body of your WordPress's template. What you can place into those areas: Add meta tag...
- Delete WordPress comments using MySQL query
Spam comments in WordPress is a real problem. There are tons of theme daily. If you want to delete those comments, here are some useful MySQL queries for you. Delete...
- How to Create A WordPress Plugin
Creating a plugin for WordPress is easy. It will only become harder if you want to make something complicated. Adding content to article body, adding some scripts or styles are...
- Disable a WordPress Plugin Without Access to Your Admin Area
Everyone knows how to disable plugin in Admin section. It is simple and straightforward. When a plugin has an error, it makes your site broken and blocks access to the...
- Insert Content to Article Body in WordPress
There are many cases where developers need to inject content to an article's body. Displaying ads is the most common. Insert Content/Ads After nth Paragraph add_filter( 'the_content', 'tltemplates_add_content' ); function...
- WordPress: Check If a Post Belongs to a Category
WordPress provides an function to help developer check whether a post has a specific category. has_category( string|int|array $category = '', int|object $post = null ) has_category() returns true if the...
- 7 Easy Ways to Speed Up Your WordPress Website
Speeding up your WordPress website can benefit your mobile users. Usually, a file that loads using a smartphone is slower than using a computer or laptop. You can check on...
- How to Change Wordpress Login URL
In today’s modern generation, you can’t be so sure about your security while using the web. With that, you must know the best alternative about this matter. WordPress is among...
- 6 Best WordPress Plugins to Add nofollow and Open External Links in New Tab
When it comes to Wordpress, keeping informed with the newest thing is vital. This rule applies when considering Wordpress plugins too. Here are the six best WordPress Plugins to add...
- Wordpress: How to Hook to After Content
There many situations a developer need to add more content to an article's body. The most popular situations are adding social share icons and related posts. This post will introduce...
- 5 Best WordPress Popup Plugins for Promotion, Email Subscription and Notification
By creating beautiful popups, you can attract more visitors to subscribe to your email list or check promotional content. We will take a look at some of the best WordPress...
- 5 Best WordPress Security Plugins
Getting your site hacked is one of the worst nightmares of most website owners. Such instances have seen a sudden surge in the past few years and have led to...
- 5 Best WordPress Image Slider Plugins
If your site doesn't have image slider plugins, we are here to provide you with five of the best options you can choose from. Huge IT Slider One of the...
- 5 Best WordPress Review Plugins
As more and more people are relying on online sites to purchase products, there has also been an upsurge in the number of individuals who peruse online reviews before making...
- 5 Best WordPress Cache Plugins to Make Site Run Faster
Do you wish to enhance the loading speed of your WordPress site? If so, you should try caching it since this method is known to work exceptionally. This will ensure...
- 5 Best Free WordPress Video Player Plugins
Embedding a video in your website or page is crucial for attracting visitors. For those of you who use WordPress, here are five of the best free video player plugins...
- 5 Best Free CDN Providers for WordPress, Drupal, Joomla and More
For those of you who has a website with heavy traffic, you need to ensure that you avail the services of CDN providers to enhance the speed of your website....
- 5 Best WordPress Timeline Plugins
Building timelines to explain historical events or a story provides your blog or website with the much-needed oomph factor that separates it from other sites. Here are 5 of the...
- 10 Best Drupal 8 Modules
While Drupal itself is an excellent CMS, the addition of various modules further enhances its functionality. Here are some of Drupal 8 modules that you should install firstly on your...
- 5 Best WordPress Backup Plugins
It is always better to be safe than sorry. Backing up your content is one of the instances that you will be grateful for when disaster strikes. Whether it be...
- How to Solve WordPress "Could Not Create Directory" Error
After moving my site to Linode, I encountered issue with WordPress not being able to create directory for both new plugin installation and update. I guest everyone encounter this issue...
- 6 Best Wordpress Drag-and-Drop Page Builders
Over the recent years, WordPress drag-and-drop page builders have been significantly improved. Today, they are powerful tools which allow for the average users to develop a professional website. Of course,...
- 5 Best Appointment Booking Plugins for WordPress
All of you who run a hotel, clinic or any other type of business where appointments are required will have to use appointment WordPress booking plugins. A good thing is...
- 10 Best WordPress Portfolio Themes
Portfolio Wordpress themes are the most popular and the most commonly downloaded themes for the platform in question. They have the main role in displaying your experience and helping you...
- 10 Best WordPress Directory Themes For Business Listings, Job Boards, Classifieds and Other
WordPress is the best platform for creating an online directory. Add the fact, there are thousands of specifically developed themes and you can fully understand why WP is the best....
- 10 Best Woocommerce WordPress Themes
Developing a successful online store is much easier with WooCommerce and Word Press. Together, these may be the best possible platforms. Obviously, an essential element is the theme. Choosing the...
- 10 Best Wordpress Restaurant and Coffee Shop Themes
Wordpress themes for restaurants are truly special. They can make a difference between the popular and desirable place to eat and another ‘’place’’. As such, you will need the best...
- 7 Best Related Posts Plugins for Wordpress
Related posts plugins for your Wordpress website are essential if you want to decrease bounce rate and engage visitors at more posts. All of these plugins work on the same...
- 10 Best Wordpress Adsense-Optimized News and Magazine Themes
AdSense offers one of the best ways for earning money on the digital platform. But, to take its advantage, you have to place ads or choose color rightly. To increase...
- 10 Best WordPress Hotel Themes
Here are the best WordPress hotel themes that may come in handy. They are all fully responsive. Voyage Voyage theme appears perfect for various kinds of travel-related businesses, including hotels...
- How to Enable or Disable Comments in WordPress
When you create a new post and page in Wordpress, comment is enabled by default. This doesn't always work in everyone's favor. There are many times you don't allow comments...
Tips for Webmasters
When you are working as the webmaster of any WordPress website or if you are running your own website, then it can be confusing at first. However, here are 10 of the top tips that you are going to need to know about, including:
- Choosing the best hosting plan – You need to ensure that when it comes to the websites that you are working with that you are picking the best hosting plan with the URL that you want and that is affordable.
- Choosing a high-quality theme – You don’t want to go overboard when it comes to a theme, but instead choose one that is high-quality and professional.
- Using Google Analytics – You need to be keeping track of your website and everything that is going on with it, which is where Google Analytics comes into play so you can see where the traffic is coming from.
- Use an SEO plugin – Ensure that you are using a plugin that will help you to analyze the keywords along with content so you can determine if your strategy is working for you.
- Don’t over use plugins – You are also going to make sure you aren’t overusing the plugins and ensure that the ones you are using would be of benefit to your business.
- Compress the images – Speed matters when it comes to your website and loading, which means you should be compressing all of the images before uploading them.
- Modify all of your permalinks – Also, go ahead and modify all of the permalinks that you might be using so that the user and the search engines can see what the URL is about.
- Prioritize safety – Safety is going to be important to your customers, which is why you should support it and use HTTPS instead of the normal HTTP.
- Learn to use meta tags and heading tags – If you want to get into the snippets or even the top rankings you need to ensure that you are creating the best meta tags and heading tags you can.
- Get rid of any clutter – You are going to want to keep your website as clutter free as possible, so get rid of elements that you aren’t going to need that would make it look busy.
Ensure that these tips are being used and that you are creating the best website that you can as the webmaster.
The more you know about being a WordPress webmaster, then the easier your job is going to be and these tips will be great for helping you. Ensure that you are using the right theme and that you aren’t going overboard with the plugins or clutter on your page. These tips will help you to create the best website you can, so don’t be afraid to use them.